MIU Science and Technology Tour 2014 - Grand Success!
Date: November 17, 2019 |Published by: MIU | Category: News
MIU would like to thank each and every one of you for making the First Science and Technology Tour 2014 a grand success. The tour had over 110 students from 9 schools participating and spending an entire day doing activities, taking quizzes and witnessing projects in various fields of science and technology. The sheer number of participants who turned up for the event shows the strong relations MIU has built with the schools over the past years.
The tour was presided over by the Deputy Secretary General for Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation , Y.Bhg. Dato' Dr. Mohd Azhar bin Hj Yahaya, who appreciated MIU’s pioneering efforts to bring Science and Technology to the School children. He was extremely pleased with this initiative and was willing to support the university in such events in the future.
The School of Science and Engineering demonstrated over 10 fascinating projects from various branches in a span of 1.5 hours. The faculty and students of the School needs to be really appreciated for their efforts. To name a few projects:
1. Demonstration of the Animal and Plant cells – Department of Biotechnology
2. Pelton turbine to generate hydraulic power - Department of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering
3. Chat software for Student- teacher communication – Department of Computer Engineering
4. A Scaled Model of a Concrete Bridge – Department of Civil Engineering
5. Line follower Robot Cruise – Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Centre for Foundation and Language Studies came forward with two challenging and interesting quizzes in Mathematics and English to engage the students.
The participating students and the teachers who accompanied them had very positive feedback for the University and the entire event. They mentioned that this event was extremely challenging and knowledge –gaining. They are looking forward to coming to MIU again.